Our classroom blog is a place for us to share our hard work and to continue discussions that we have started in class. Writing comments is an important part of that process. Students should be mindful of what they post on the Internet. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines I would like for you to follow.
- When you write on the blog, use your first name only (or in some cases, just your initials). You make use your last name initial but should never use your full name.
- Do not post your addresses, school, phone number or email address on the blog.
- Never post comments that may hurt someone's feelings or offend someone.
- Remember that blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
To write a great comment there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Only post things that you would want everyone (in school, at home, in other countries) to know. Ask yourself: Is this something I want everyone to see?
- Do not share personal information. Ask yourself: Could someone find me (in real life) based on this information?
- Think before you post.
- Consider your audience.
- Know how to give constructive feedback.
Remember, this blog is monitored by Ms. Porcari on a daily basis. This blog represents our class, so make sure you always give your best effort to share great writing.