January 14, 2019

Hi Parents!

Please see below for a few updates.


Reading

If your child is reading below level, I have placed in their red folder a leveled reader. Please read it with your child several times throughout the week. Each week I will give you a new one. If however mid-week you feel your child needs a new one or a level up, let me know and I will send a new one. Please continue to review all words since September. I am testing their sight words this week and will send the results home soon. Please continue to also do your regular nightly reading. The levelled readers are an addition to your regular reading plan. If your child is at or above level and you would still like a reader, let me know.

We are also working on the "ay" word family and the 'ig" word family. If you have extra time you can review some words with those endings.

Math

We started working on addition this week. Please discuss this with your child at home and allow them opportunities to see addition in your day to day life.


Religion

We started discussing Baptism in Religion. If possible, please send in a picture to share of your child on their special day.

Remind

There may be an issue with the App at the end of the month. I am hearing that those with Rogers and Bell will no longer get messages. I am not sure how many of you would be affected. I'll give you an update later this month. It's too bad because I really love using this App.


Have a great week everyone!

Mrs. Akl