February 4, 2019

Hi Parents,

Please see below for some updates.


Dance-A-Thon

We will be having a Dance-a-thon on the 14th, information regarding was sent home. If you have any questions, please let me know.


Remind

I am sad to say that using the Remind App will no longer be possible as many parents are Rogers customers. I know of a similar App we could use to send messages. Please let me know via the agenda if you think it would help you. If there is enough interest, I will sign us up and give you the details. It's easy, you'll just need to get the App. 


Report Cards and Interviews

Report cards will go home on the 14th of February. Interviews are the 21st. This time the interviews are by request. Once again, my sign up isn't working at the moment. I will try to get it up and running. If not, please let me know via the agena your prefered time and I will book you. Also, please know I welcome you always for an interview. Interviews by phone or in person are not limited to reporting periods. :)


Valentine's Day

I will send out a class list with names later this week if your child would like to make Valentines for friends.


Sweater Day/Winter Walk Day

Winter Walk Day is the 6th, we will take a walk outside, you are also encouraged to walk with your children that day. It's a good time to discuss how walking instead of a car (if possible) is a better choice for our planet. Sweater Day is the 7th. We ask the students to wear a sweater as we turn the heat down a little t teach the children about conservation of energy.


100 Day of School

We will have some special activities on the 11th for the children in the afternoon to celebrate the 10oth Day of School!!!


Curriculum Goals

Please check the Curriculum tab to see our goals for February.

Library

We go to library every Tuesday, please make sure books are returned.


Reading

If your child is borrowing classroom levelled readers, please make sure you return the red folder on Fridays or Mondays with the books and your signature on the sheet that shows that you are finished with them and would like new ones.


Thank you for your continued support!

Mrs. Akl